On February 8, 2013, I will be putting on a China IP webinar through ALI-CLE. It will start at noon Eastern Time and my speech will end at about 1:15 and then there will be 30 minutes or so for questions. The cost is a somewhat reasonable $179 and ALI-CLE describes it as follows:
Why You Should Attend
Companies that engage in business with Chinese partners need up-to-date legal advice on how to protect their technology and other intellectual property (IP) interests. Deals made in China can threaten IP rights not just in China, but in markets around the world. Taught by an experienced transactional attorney who regularly represents companies doing business in China, this convenient telephone seminar/audio webcast explores the nuts and bolts of constructing a good business deal with a Chinese partner that does not jeopardize a client’s valuable IP interests.
What You Will Learn
- This unique audio seminar offers proven techniques designed to protect your clients’ IP interests including:
- How to choose a good Chinese partner
- Identifying the IP assets that need protection
- How to structure your deal
- Drafting your deal papers
- Executing key elements in your employee contracts
- IP registrations: What you should know about trademarks, patents, copyrights, and licensing agreements
Who Should Attend
Attorneys or other business professionals who are engaged or want to do business with Chinese partners and need to know about IP issues relevant to such deals should attend this informative webcast.
For more information, click here. Hope to “see” you there.