The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are proud to announce our new podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
In Episode #15, we discuss international schools with Arlo Kipfer. We cover:
- An overview of the global international school market.
- The Chinese legal and regulatory environment for its international schools.
- Important issues for foreign schools to consider when establishing their school brand in China.
- How Covid-19 is impacting K-12 international schools.
- Advice for people who want to teach in international schools around the world.
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
- Redshirts by John Scalzy
- Short Walks from Botoga: Journeys in the New Colombia by Tom Feiling
- Jonathan – Nikkei Asian Review’s Death of the Coffee King: Power and Money in Corporate India
- Fred – Hardcore History podcast episodes titled Supernova in the East by Dan Carlin
If you have comments on this episode or if you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email globallawbiz [at] harrisbricken [dot] com.
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics:
- Fred Rocafort (Twitter: @RocafortFred) (LinkedIn) (WeChat: fredwanganping)
- Jonathan Bench (Twitter: @jonathan_bench) (LinkedIn) (WeChat: jbench588)
- Global Law and Business Twitter: @globallawbiz
We’ll see you next week for another discussion on the global business environment with guest Mariana Gallegos García Conde as we discuss the legal and business dimensions in Mexico.