An article I wrote for Forbes, entitled, Six China Business Law Trends for 2015, just went live. Needless to say, the general theme is that we should expect China in 2015 to continue its crackdown on foreign companies doing business in China. The following are the six trends:China will increasingly crack down on foreigners in China without proper visas.
- China will increase its efforts to root out and shut down illegal and unregistered foreign businesses.
- China will increase its tax collection efforts.
- Litigation will increace.
- China’s crackdown on corruption, particularly as against foreigners, is real and is not going to go away.
- The number of scams against foreign companies will increase and continue to get more sophisticated.
To learn more about why I see these six things as likely in 2015 and to see what you can do to avoid these problems, I urge you to read the full article.