Every February, our China lawyers get an influx of emails and phone calls from American companies seeking our help in resolving last year’s bad product or late product problems. I think it is because the realization has finally sunk in that their Chinese suppliers really have no intention of trying to solve the issues remaining from the previous years’ holiday season.
And every February (and every other month too), we have to tell them that it probably will not be worth their money to hire us to try to resolve their China product problems after the fact. Instead, the best thing they can do is to try to prevent problems with any future product orders by figuring out how to get good product from China the next time.
If you want to greatly increase your chances of getting good product from China on a timely basis, read and absorb the following:
- China OEM Agreements. Ten Things To Consider
- China OEM Agreements. Yet Another Reason To Have One
- China Supply Agreements. Why The “Perfect” OEM Agreement Should Cost Less
- OEM Agreements With Your China Supplier. Not Just For The Big Boys
- China OEM Agreements. Why Ours Are In Chinese. Flat Out
- The Five Steps To Successfully Buying Product From China.
- China Manufacturing Agreements. Make Liquidated Damages Your Friend.
And trust us when we tell you that it beats calling us after the fact.